Perpetual Help Community Cooperative (referred herein as “PHCCI”, “we”, “us” and “our”) respects and values your data privacy rights, and makes sure that all personal data collected from our members, vendors, partners, employees, affiliates and other stakeholders, are processed in adherence to the general principles of transparency, legitimate purpose, and proportionality.
DATA WE COLLECT
As part of our dealings with you, we may collect your personal data including but not limited to:
The types of personal/sensitive data that we collect depend on the product or service that you avail or intend to avail from us, including but not limited to:
- your name and personal particulars such as contact details, address, birthdate, education;
- specimen signatures;
- government ID details (such as TIN);
- financial information (such as income, expenses, balances, investments, tax, insurance, financial and transaction history, etc.);
- spouse and employment details;
- images via CCTV and other similar recording devices and processes which may be observed when visiting our offices and/or using our other facilities;
- Residential sketch and character reference
- Historical back ground (such as criminal cases, health, etc.)
Over the course of our relationship, we may collect data about you including but not limited to your transactions, account history and information, inquiries about our products and services. Personal data that we collect as authorized or required by law such as:
1.Republic Act No. 9160 or the Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2001 to verify the identity of individuals;
2.Republic Act No. 9510 or the Credit Information Act for the submission of personal and credit data of borrowers to the Credit Information Corporation (CIC);
3.Republic Act No. 6938 as amended by RA 9520 (Philippine Cooperative Code of 2008) for the submission of members’ personal and membership data to Cooperative Development Authority (CDA);
4.Republic Act 9520 which requires the submission of TIN numbers of members
MANNER OF COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
We may collect and store your Personal Data in a variety of ways:
- When you apply for membership, loans, and insurance with us by filling out a manual application form
- When you provide personal information for your inquiries, requests, and complaints
- When you respond to surveys, marketing promotions, and other initiatives
- When you submit a job application
- When you visit, browse and use any of the services on our website
- When we receive references from third parties or our business partners (i.e. when you have been referred by them)
- When you submit your personal information to us for any other reason.
PERSONAL DATA OTHER THAN YOURS
When you disclose to us another person’s personal data (i.e. your spouse, children and/or parents) you attest that consent has been obtained from that person to disclose and process personal information in accordance with this policy.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
USES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
PHCCI collects uses and discloses your personal data for the following purposes:
- Availing cooperative’s products and services;
- Establish, confirm, update and review customer records;
- Conduct customer risk, capacity and suitability assessment;
- Loan Insurance coverage;
- LTO registration;
- Perform internal business operations such as credit and risk management, product development and planning, market research, audit and administrative purposes;
- Any other processing that is necessary and is related to the fulfillment of the contract between you and the Cooperative;
- Any other legitimate business purpose that the Cooperative may deem necessary and any other processing that is necessary to comply with a legal obligation;
- Manage your account, provide customer care activities, and provide services timely and efficiently;
- Communicate relevant services, advisories including responses to your queries, requests and complaints;
- Participate in any promo, special event and CSR activities of the Cooperative;
- Provide information about our products and services which may be of interest to you;
- Processing your application for employment, when you submit an application with us;
- Comply with the requirements of the law and legal proceedings such as court orders; comply with legal obligation or to prevent imminent harm to public security safety or order;
- To prevent, detect and investigate crime, including fraud and money-laundering, and to analyze and manage other commercial risks and;
- Process information for statistical, analytical, promotional and research purposes.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to the following as reasonably necessary depending on the product and service concerned:
- Our employees, officers and consultants
- Third party service providers that have been contracted by PHCCI to provide technical and other services
- Professional advisers such as lawyers and auditors
- Insurers, receivable financing companies and credit providers
- Any third-party businesses offering goods and services or sponsor contest or other marketing and promotional programs; Any agent, contractor or third-party service providers who provide relevant services to the Cooperative;
- Credit bureaus or credit reference agencies;
- Insurance companies and banking institution for loans;
- Any regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other agencies or authorities, clearing houses for the purpose of complying with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk;
- to the buyer or prospective buyer of any business or asset that we are contemplating to sell or area selling
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of such personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of such personal information.
- The Cooperative shall have the discretion to enter into data sharing agreements with the Philippine Cooperative Central Fund Federation for purpose of establishing a Cooperative Credit Information System.
- We assure you that your personal information will be protected according to the data protection principles under RA 10173 and its implementing rules and regulations and guidelines issued by the National Privacy Commission.
- c. Any company with which we share information about you for the above purposes is contractually required to comply with confidentiality standards, undertake to respect any individual’s right to privacy and comply with the DPA. We also require that these organizations use this information only for our purposes and follow our reasonable directions with respect to this information. This includes organizations which handle or obtain Personal Data as service providers for PHCCI.
PERSONAL DATA RETENTION AND SCHEDULE
We keep your data only for as long as necessary:
1. For the fulfillment of the declared, specified, and legitimate purposes provided above, or when the processing relevant to the purpose has been completed or terminated;
2. For the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
3. For other business purposes that are consistent with standards established or approved by regulatory agencies governing PHCCI.
Thereafter, your personal data shall be disposed or discarded in a secure manner that would prevent further processing, unauthorized access, or disclosure to any other party or the public
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can access and update your personal information in by visiting the PHCCI office during working hours from Monday – Friday; 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM and look for any PHCCI staff/officer.
MANAGEMENT AND SECURITY
PHCCI Cooperative regards personal data breaches very seriously.
UPDATES TO THE POLICY
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
If you wish to withdraw your consent given for any or all purposes set out in this Policy, you may send your detailed request to our data protection officer with contact details below. Depending on the nature of your consent withdrawal, PHCCI may not be in a position to continue to provide our products and services to you.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Name: CARLO O. ORITO
Contact Number: 035-420-1800 local 811
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement of Policy
PHCCI is committed to protect and respect your data privacy by implementing appropriate security measures in collecting your personal data.
Personal Data Collected
We collect the following personal information from you such us but not limited to your name, occupation, work designation, received payment information, and Global Positioning System (GPS) location.
The Collected Personal data is utilized solely for credit investigation process and collection monitoring purposes within the Cooperative and is not shared with any outside parties.
Only authorized by the cooperative has the access to the personal information. With the requirements of the DPA and other relevant laws and regulations, Personal Data shall not be retained by the Cooperative for a period longer than necessary and/or proportionate to the purposes for which such data was collected. The Cooperative retains your Personal Data for as long as your Personal Data remains necessary for the services or purposes mentioned above or for other legal or business purposes. The period of retention may be extended when circumstances so permit, such as, but not limited to, for purposes of safety, security and fraud prevention and detection.
Access and Correction
You have the right to access, change or correction for your Personal Data. You may request from the Cooperative in doing such right by contacting our Data Privacy Officer thru the following email address: email@example.com.